Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Great book you should read it--The Pearl Savage by Tamara Rose Blodgett


What can I say about this book without being a gushing fangirl. Tamara is great at creating worlds and characters that you can love. Clara is definately one of those. The book started out slowly at first because I had to adjust to the language and characters. It definately picked up within the first few chapters. In this book there are two seperate worlds the world of the sphere which has kingdoms and is run entirely off of steam. The opposite is the "the outside" which is full of "savages" with gills. (But don't worry they are hunky savages). The outside is a bit more back to nature obviously. They do have a settlement and are quite advanced for being left to perish by the Evil Ones. The reader then learns that perhaps the civilized sphere dwellers are the true savages as Clara suffers non stop abuse from her mother and future husband Prince Fredric (what-a-tool). She has true friends in her maid, bff Charles (who pines for her) and blunt Sarah. When she escapes/is taken outside she soon learns that her future is more than just future monarch (if douche bag Freddie doesn't beat her to death first). She maybe able to save the dwindling tribe of savages. She enjoys the short time she spends with the few women of the clan. And most definately enjoys her time with a certain male Band memeber. The worlds are rich and filled with drama and suspense and the characters are beautifully developed. Queen Ada is the perfect villan and I was very happy for what happened to her. I can't wait to read what happens next. Will tool boy Fredric return? Will Clara choose the right man to be by her side? Will Charles learn to chillax? I don't know but I am going to go buy the next book RIGHT NOW so that I can find out!!!! Thank you Tamara for writing another excellent story that I can escape into!
<a href="http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/1460100-lori-parker">View all my reviews</a>

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh... Lori, thank you :D. How do I become a legit stalker on your blog here... ?

    ttys, Check out the back of WEEPS btw, you're awesome!

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I think I have installed the stalker buttons correctly.

      Delete
  2. Thanks. I have no idea how to become a stalker here. LOL. I'm just trying to get it started. I should get Kami to join me then we could give twice the Tamara love!!!! and Review twice the amount of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up everyone, it's my first visit at this site, and piece of writing
    is truly fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these types
    of content.

    My web page :: clash of clans hack tool - corta.co -

    ReplyDelete