Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Death Week-- Death Screams


Caleb's second year of high school starts off without a hitch until Jade touches the wrong clairvoyance sample that foretells a murder in her future. Will she remain safe even while assisting police officers Garcia and Gale in a race to prevent a cataclysmic death?

Sophie and Jonesy aren't seeing things eye to eye, but when her safety is threatened by an attacker targeting Astral-Projection girls, they put their differences aside. The FDA approved depressant has begun to be administered to the teens for suppression of paranormal abilities during sleep for safety reasons. Or so they've been told.

Carson and Brett have escalated the violence that they perpetrate and leave Caleb no choice but to reciprocate. After saving the newest member of their group from certain abuse, Caleb knows the bull's-eye is dead center on him. Again.

Does Caleb use the undead as a weapon of defense while his group hangs in the balance of imminent peril?


Lori's Review: 5 Stars
I devoured this book today. I'm still totally geeking out about this series. Caleb and crew just keep getting better and better at (mis)managing thier mishcheif. I CANNOT wait to read the 4th book. I love the banter, I still love Jonesy and Tiff (gum smacking included). OMG when Jonesy's baby sister barfed/puked at Thanksgiving...I haven't laughed that hard while reading a book in a long time!!! I think Caleb is going to have a lot of issues to address in the next book and I can't wait to see how he and his gang handle the fallout of all of thier previous and new adventures!!
Gramps definately cements himself as a member of the gang in this book. What a character! I love him more than I love Jonesy. It's close but Gramps definately pulls into the lead in this book.
People who are seen as enemies in this book start looking more like allies. All the gang seems to grow in this book. They are still young and learning how to deal with their extra ablities. It's definately a lot of pressure on Caleb.

Kami's Review: 5 Stars
Oh what an ending!! How could you leave us hanging like that?
So yeah, when is the next book coming out? :)

I love this series. This book is the 3rd instalment of the Death Series. A lot of open ends come to conclusions, and then we are left with just as many questions all over again. The end is such a cliff hanger, grrr. I can't wait for the next book. This series makes me laugh more than any other books I have read, and Death Screams did not dissappoint on that. I am 26 with 3 kids of my own and I love this series. If you have a teenage boy who is not all that into reading, this series just might catch his eye. I recommend this series for all ages, and genders however.


0 comments:

Post a Comment