Sunday, May 20, 2012

Death Week--YAH!!

This week we will be reviewing Tamara Rose Blodgett's fantastic DEATH series... I am planning on re-reading and re-reviewing all the books in the series. However, I will be posting Kami and I's intital gut reaction reviews of this series!!!!
"Almost fifteen-year-old Caleb Hart is a Cadaver-Manipulator in the year 2025.

When teens receive a government-sanctioned pharmaceutical cocktail during school, paranormal abilities begin manifesting... making the teens more powerful than the adults.

After Caleb discovers he has the rare, Affinity for the Dead, he must do whatever it takes to hide it from a super-secret government agency whose goal is exploitation.

Caleb seeks refuge in his new girlfriend, Jade, until he realizes that she needs as much protection from her family, as he does from the government.

Suddenly, Caleb finds that hiding his ability while protecting Jade and his friends is a full time job; can he escape the government, protect Jade and lose the bullies that are making him miserable?"


Kami's Review: 5 Stars!!!
I wasnt sure about this book at first since the main character is a guy, and I am used to reading book that have female leads. But I was suprisingly astounded. I really loved this book. The kids in it crack me up, and the parents, well most of them, are great. On a few parts I am sitting here saying wtf are these boys thinking doing that, and then I realize well they are boys, and thats what boys do. Im starting on the 2nd book in the series right now.

Lori's Review: 5 Stars!!!
This book is so unique! I loved it. It was well written and lacked annoying typos, misspellings and general sloppy errors that I usually find in young adult novels (ebooks and hard copy books from large publishers alike). It is well written and I enjoyed that it was from the perspective of a young "man". I love Jonesy. He kept cracking me up! He is definately a boy after my own heart. Of course in real life I would probably hate him (I just don't like teenagers). But in this book they are not only ok they are entertaining and great! I cannot wait to read what happens next!!

1 comments: