Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines


5 Stars
We start off with sweet, innocent, shy, and mousy Lana. Lana has decided that she is done taking a backseat role in her life. She sets out to make a change. She starts by throwing away all her old clothes and buying a whole new wardrobe of stylish attractive clothes. Then she cuts and dyes her hair, and gets some makeup lessons. Returning to Grove to stay with Ashton for the summer she has plans to finally win over the man who has held her heart since she was a little kid, Sawyer.

Sawyer who is still struggling with his feelings for Ashton, even after 6 months, is ready to move on. Even if that means using little Lana to get back at Ashton in the process. Sawyer does find the new and improved Lana very attractive and is happy to spend the summer with her.

Lana, who is always second or third in the lives of those she loves just wants to be put first for once in her life. But getting that from Saywer will turn out to be harder than she imagined. The lust and attraction between Lana and Sawyer is there from the beginning, but both are unsure what it exactly means.

There are so many ups and downs in this book. I felt connected to all the characters, especially Lana. She really flourished in this book. It was nice reading along and seeing her come into herself. I laughed and even teared up at some parts in this book. I couldnt put it down, it had me enthralled from the very first page.

I will be the first to tell you that I am turned off my some angsty drama filled piece of work like Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens. However this book wasnt like that at all. The characters were likeable, and I could literlly feel what they were feeling. That gut clenching feeling you get when someone hurts you or breaks your heart, I felt that in this book through these characters. This book was very well written. The author is definately one to keep your eyes on. I found a few typing mistakes such and name mixups, but nothing that would deter me form loving it as much as I did.

Loved it. Highly recommended reading material here.        

0 comments:

Post a Comment