Friday, October 5, 2012

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day ~Kami's Review

3.5 Stars ~Kami's Review

You all know I hate giving 1/2 stars, but I just couldnt make myself give this one a full 4 star review. I will try and keep this short and sweet but you know how winded I can get when I really get into something.

The murder plot, in my opinion, should have been something introduced in the beginning of the book. Could have been built up and dramatized and really made the book great. I understand having suspense in a book and building up to something, but really I think it was very clear from the beginning who killed Nathan. So for me the suspense wasnt working. I liked the ending. I am happy that "he" killed Nathan, maybe that is just the dark side of my soul talking.

The other thing that I couldnt connect with in this book was the attraction between these two. Its not a superficial attraction, or even a deep emotional attraction, but a primal, unbalanced, unleashed fire that burns between these two. For me I have never felt that kind of passion, I doubt many have. I have lusted after many a men, but nothing even closely resembling this. It was hard for me to understand some of what the characters were feeling since its something I am unfamiliar with. It is not your usual romance novel where the characters fall in love, it is not your usual erotic novel either, it is something completely different. I can only wish that someday I might feel a fraction of what the characters in this book felt for each other. Another part of me wishes that I never feel what they felt since I wouldnt want to need someone so much that it hurts to be away from them.

What I could connect with was the jealousy that both Cross and Eva felt. I can identify and sympathize with Eva and her insecurities and trust issues. I felt this aspect of their relationship all the way to my bones. I felt their pain and fear, and I liked it. When an author can make you feel what the characters in their books are feeling then they have done their job right.

I expected more insight into Cross's past, and am a bit dissappointed that we didnt get more.

To sum it all up, it was a good book, but it could have been great with a few adjustments. This book for me just didnt have the flare that the 1st book had. However I of course will read the next book in the series. I will devour it as quickly as I devoured this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment