Friday, February 22, 2013

Tainted Grace by M. Lauryl Lewis

4 Stars: ~ Kami's Review

For me this book was a step up from the 1st novel in this series. The writing and dialogue are better, and just overall a better book. I think the author has grown since her last book, and it shows in this book.

We get the more mature Zoe in this book. She is struggling with her new life and circumstances all while dealing with those wacky pregnancy hormones. She is scared about having a baby in this zombie infested world.

I love how the group functions. Everyone has different roles, and they all work together to make the best of the life they have. Zoe comments on how maybe people will look down on the girls since they have taken on the roles of keeping house and cooking, while the guys take on the more manly tasks like hunting and keeping everyone safe. I think that with technology taken out of the picture, most of society would fall back to these general roles.

I wanted to cry along with Zoe when their house burnt down. They had all worked so hard to fortify that house and had made a nice little home for themselves, it was heartbreaking to see it go.

As far as relationships go, I for one was taken completely by surprise by this turn of events. I was not expecting that at all. I wont spoil it for anyone, but wow are we in for some drama in the next book!

Will I read the next book in the series? Absolutly!
Will I recommend this book? Yes, it is a nice quick read!

0 comments:

Post a Comment